Table of Contents
For computer users in any field, either in graphics, designs, accounts, or even the mighty computer gurus, it is easy to agree that the OS plays a significant role in determining the functionality of the computer. With a good OS on your computer, you can perform almost every task.
However, most OS are custom Software, which means they have to be purchased. Though slightly expensive, such an OS guarantees the best performances. Nonetheless, you should not worry about such expenses, since centOS brings forth a similar experience with a cost-free rate. Possibly, you might be wondering what is this centOS being mentioned.
Community Enterprise OS (centOS), is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. With its stable and easy-to-manage platform from the RHEL, centOS Linux is cost-free. Being a community-based platform, centOS is also free to redistribute.
Created by a small team of dedicated developers, system administrators, network admins, managers, and Linux distributors across the world, the team wishes to see the system grow and establish centOS as the leading community platform across the world.
CentOS are mostly used by Linux users, web hosts, and entrepreneurs. Unfortunately, centOS being a free commodity doesn’t lack its fair share of disadvantages. Its major one being that it lacks a direct centOS support system. This factor, however, doesn’t disqualify it as a good product.
CentOS has also evolved with time, with the new one being centOS 8. With its amazing features, cento has grown to be a highly reliable product. Many terms it as “too good to be free”.
· Availability of GNOME 3.28 Environment. GNOME uses Wayland as the default display server.
· New On-screen keyboard. The new on-screen keyboard contains a different layout, automatic keyboard activation, and view shift. This enables the user to view clearly when typing.
· Upgraded UI. This feature allows easy multi-monitor handling, direct window handling, and improved scaling.
· CentOS comes with a TCP network version 4.16. This boosts its performance and network stability.
· There is an upgraded version of 4.18
· Firewalld daemon that uses nftables as its default backend.
· Yum package manager. With its Package manager of version V4.0.4, and a DNF as a backend, CentOS is now enabled to easily manage more packages.
· DNF Technology. This increases performance, well-supported modular content, cloud AppStreams, and Container workloads.
The new centOS present TSL1.3. This amazing feature ensures that your data and client’s data are well cryptographically protected.
The centOS stream is a combination of the Fedora Project and RHEAL. Its main objective is to cut off delays and problems associated with post updates. The stream also performs the following purposes:
· Collect feedback and address issues raised by centOS users.
· Allow layering projects
· Contain development updates by changing a few packages.
06.Languages, web servers, and databases
· With the development in centOS across the years, the new centOS has brought with it a more advanced language. centOS uses python 3.6 and provides support for python 2.7. Its programming languages include Node.js, SWIG 3.0, and Ruby 2.5
· Web Servers. CentOS 8 now brings Nginx 1.14. It has an updated version 4.4 and a caching server including Varnish Cache 6.0
· It’s database servers are distributed with centOS8/ RHEL, MariaDB 10.3, and Redis 5